Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  2.8 Injectors - Cold Start Injector Tube O Ring?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
2.8 Injectors - Cold Start Injector Tube O Ring? by katatak
Started on: 05-06-2014 09:38 PM
Replies: 6 (479 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 05-09-2014 05:29 AM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for some opinions / suggestions for replacement injectors for the 2.8. Anyone have a good source? I've sent injectors off for reconditioning in the past but I'm leaning toward just buying a reconditioned set. I found these pretty quickly on E Bay. I seem to remember a few years ago that these Bosch 4 hole style were the ones to have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...em2c81a57fca&vxp=mtr

Does anyone have a source for the Cold start Injector feed tube o ring? That little SOB that fits on the tube at the fuel rail. The PO used a small grommet and then filled the nut with silicone.

Thanks in advance.

Pat
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give John a call at Fuel Injector Connection. They have a great rebuild service. http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/

The injector in your link may be rated at a higher flow than needed for the 2.8. The Fiero uses 15 lb/hr injectors. The 3.1 and 3.4 use 17 lb/hr injectors at the same fuel pressure. Those are Bosch 4-hole disk injectors while the Fiero utilizes a pintle style injector. Bosch does make a modified pintle/disk injector rated at 15 lb/hr or you could have John clean and flow match yours.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 05-07-2014).]

Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:
Does anyone have a source for the Cold start Injector feed tube o ring? That little SOB that fits on the tube at the fuel rail.

Not sure how close you might be to farming country, but the last time I tried finding one of those O-rings, the local John Deere dealership was where I found one. They had a box of a bezillion different sizes that were rated for hydraulic fluid connections so I assumed they would be good for fuel as well. Six years later it's still holding out. If you get desperate, I might have bought a couple of extra ones... let me know.

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Give John a call at Fuel Injector Connection. They have a great rebuild service. http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/

The injector in your link may be rated at a higher flow than needed for the 2.8. The Fiero uses 15 lb/hr injectors. The 3.1 and 3.4 use 17 lb/hr injectors at the same fuel pressure. Those are Bosch 4-hole disk injectors while the Fiero utilizes a pintle style injector. Bosch does make a modified pintle/disk injector rated at 15 lb/hr or you could have John clean and flow match yours.

Thanks for the link and info - I'll check them out.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Not sure how close you might be to farming country, but the last time I tried finding one of those O-rings, the local John Deere dealership was where I found one. They had a box of a bezillion different sizes that were rated for hydraulic fluid connections so I assumed they would be good for fuel as well. Six years later it's still holding out. If you get desperate, I might have bought a couple of extra ones... let me know.

Thanks Blooz! Got a couple rather large JD implement outlets around here - I'll check them out this weekend.
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, from personal experiences I highly recommend staying with the stock pintle style injectors and stock 15lb pressure. Reason being the multi-hole flat bottom type injectors seem to cause a hunting idle condition and also run to rich in most cases.

this link might help,
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/128861.html
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 05-09-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock