Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  need strenght to close decklid maybe lock mechanism ??????

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
need strenght to close decklid maybe lock mechanism ?????? by fierogtx
Started on: 05-05-2014 01:50 PM
Replies: 3 (69 views)
Last post by: fierogtx on 05-06-2014 09:29 PM
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
like the title said i need strenght to close decklid and i try to adjust it ( try all methods and it doesnt work ) and i found that the lock assembly is really hard to clip in lock place when you take a screwdriver . i know some people say that it was because of the new weatherstrip i installed one too a years ago but does someone have looked on the lock mecanism ?????? it is really smooth and when its time to clip in the lock place it become hard . so any other info will be good because im afraid to crack the tail light lens or tail light thanks all
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to know if anyone have the same problem and they try to lock it manually with a screw driver to know if it is normal that the lock is really hard to clip in the lock position
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the latch is spring loaded , so it Does have some "resistance". Adjust the latch all the way down (Loosen the bolts, pull Down on the latch all the way, tighten the bolts). Will it click onto the trunk loop that way ? If so, it's just a matter of adjustment.
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

the latch is spring loaded , so it Does have some "resistance". Adjust the latch all the way down (Loosen the bolts, pull Down on the latch all the way, tighten the bolts). Will it click onto the trunk loop that way ? If so, it's just a matter of adjustment.

i try that but need some force but will check other fiero to make sure if im not paraniod about my decklid

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock