3.4 dohc turbo turns over hard by 3.1 88FieroGT
Started on: 05-04-2014 07:05 PM
Replies: 6 (215 views)
Last post by: 3.1 88FieroGT on 05-05-2014 09:59 PM
3.1 88FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.1 88FieroGTClick Here to Email 3.1 88FieroGTSend a Private Message to 3.1 88FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figured I'd post this on here for kicks. Well went to pull her out for spring. Go to turn it over and it like its hydro locked till I floor the gas pedal then starter turns it over just fine but wouldn't start. Checked for fire had a bad coil fixed that. Go to start it up while still being jacked up, and vroom first few seconds. So I'm thinking awesome problem solved wrong. Let the car down on the ground go to start it and it turns over hard again and won't start. So for kicks I jacked it up again and vroom starts right up. Leaving it running I let it off the jack and starts running like crap. Take it down the road and it shifted fine 5spd. Getreg. Got back and jacked it back up but also jacked up the I the control arms. Letting the suspension compress go to turn it over and it's hard again. Only thing I can think of is that the axles are binding or something. So tomorrow I'm going to take the axles out and see if it fires up.

Just thought this was weird any comments are welcome.
Steve
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgClick Here to Email trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it is not in gear then the axels are not connected to the engine so probably nas nothing to do with it. Were the wheels spinning with it jacked up?
3.1 88FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.1 88FieroGTClick Here to Email 3.1 88FieroGTSend a Private Message to 3.1 88FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes but I can stop the wheels with my hand.
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgClick Here to Email trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure can't see how loading up an axe could make the thing run bad if it is not in gear. Larry
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think there is a wire being pulled or pinched. Connect a jumper cable from the engine to the chassis ground to verify engine grounding.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

NW-Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you had it up on jacks during the winter......did you disconnect the battery. I'm with Tesmith66 grounding issue.

Of course with my issues with Hard starts I now believe you need to have the ICM checked when a coil goes out. But that's another thread.

Mark,

'85 2m6 3.4PR
In the Great Northwest!

[This message has been edited by NW-Fiero (edited 05-05-2014).]

3.1 88FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.1 88FieroGTClick Here to Email 3.1 88FieroGTSend a Private Message to 3.1 88FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Threw a different ground cable on it and problem solved.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock