A/C confusion… advice? by Macarchie
Started on: 05-04-2014 05:53 PM
Replies: 2 (86 views)
Last post by: jimbolaya on 05-04-2014 06:55 PM
Macarchie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MacarchieSend a Private Message to MacarchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a few of the (small) DIY cans of R-12 left over and was thinking I would try to get the A/C working. I bought the car almost two years ago, and the A/C has never worked. Anyhow, the Drier/Accumulator has two LP connectors (one is the old Schrader valve and a quick-connect valve) The quick-connect valve looks like a R-134a connection. No stickers on the compressor, or under the decklid or under the hood. Is there any "easy" way to tell if it has been converted?

- Jimmy

------------------
1987 coupe; Blue; 2.5L; 5-spd
1987 Firebird Formula; Blue; 5L; 5-spd

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a" good bet", If the "adapter" is on there, someone put 134 in it ! you'll have to flush the system and put the correct oil back in, then the r12.
If it was me, I'd pull a vacuum on it, see if it leaks, then go from there.
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The connectors are different for the R 12, and R 134 also. Assuming your can of R12 came with the tube and connector on it, it will not fit on the new R134 connector.

Jim

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock