Tuning Help with HP Tuners by Bfisher31286
Started on: 05-04-2014 08:04 AM
Replies: 1 (91 views)
Last post by: Bfisher31286 on 05-04-2014 12:29 PM
Bfisher31286

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bfisher31286Send a Private Message to Bfisher31286Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been searching the Hp Tuners forum and cannot find much info on this. I am tuning my 3800sc with HP Tuners and I have calibrated my MAF and adjusted my AFR to where I want it. But now I am having issues while shifting at WOT. Manual Trans. When I let off the gas to shift it dips rich, then I get back on the gas and I get a lean spike which causes KR. Has anyone else run into this? Is there a way to get rid of those lean spikes. I would assume the spike is caused by air rushing past the MAF to fill and pressurize the supercharger and intake but it has not gotten into the cylinders yet.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bfisher31286

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bfisher31286Send a Private Message to Bfisher31286Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turned out to be a boost/vac leak at the oil filler cap. I found it by pressurizing the entire engine from the throttle body with a round plate and air fitting I made. Turns out to be one of the most useful tools I have. I make them for all the boosted cars Ive had and they make it a lot easier to find leaks than the spraying carb cleaner method. Got it fixed.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock