3.4l onto isuzu clutch problems by Sabenn_88_notch
Started on: 05-04-2014 01:12 AM
Replies: 3 (112 views)
Last post by: Bloozberry on 05-04-2014 11:47 AM
Sabenn_88_notch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sabenn_88_notchSend a Private Message to Sabenn_88_notchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I cant figure out what is wrong.

I am in mid 3.4L swap onto an isuzu tranny, and the engine is in and it runs and everything but my trouble was when I went to bleed my clutch.. the line had rusted through

I went and got a new line, and patched the area and Flared the pipes and attached them with no trouble.

when i tried to bleed the clutch for the first time, again, it just keeps pumping air out. the pedal never gets stiffer and the air just keeps coming.

I noticed that the slave only moves probably and inch, maybe a little more. the clutch refuses to bleed.

after about 30 min of trying we decided to see how well the clutch is disengaging (if at all) and when it was in gear with the clutch in you could move the car, the clutch would rub a little but it obviously was disengaging to some extent.

now my question is what do i do? do i need to get a bigger master cylinder? is it the new throw out bearing? (it TO bearing is installed and it is installed correctly) what is the best option?

Thanks, Zach
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of people forget that the slave cylinder needs to be bled in a separate step after you've bled the lines. If you didn't, then you must crack the bleed valve on the slave, push the slave rod into the cylinder as far as it will go, tighten the bleeder, and release the rod.
Sabenn_88_notch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sabenn_88_notchSend a Private Message to Sabenn_88_notchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have to bleed it after the clutch lines are bled? But the clutch won't bleed air just keeps coming and coming do I have to do it after?
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might have to try bleeding the cylinder at this point, then re-bleed the line, and finish up with re-bleeding the cylinder again since it's at the top of the system where the air will migrate to. Be sure not to "pump" the pedal... just open the bleed valve, have a helper push the pedal once and hold it down while you close the bleed valve. Only then can the helper release the pedal. Repeat as necessary to clear the lines of air. Bleeding the cylinder is as I described earlier.

Edit to add: Make sure to keep an eye on the reservoir because if it goes empty at any time while you're doing this, you'll be starting at square one again.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 05-04-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock