Started on: 05-03-2014 11:21 AM
Replies: 2 (186 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 05-05-2014 12:57 PM
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did you attach your fuel lines at the engine, for your engine swap? I used mini hose clamps, but Im worried because there was only about 3/4 of an inch of metal tubeing to slide the ruber fuel line on. Is this going to pop off? No, I cant slide the hose on further,it hits a flange or what ever you call it.

Engine is a 3800 SC II
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by James Bond 007:

How did you attach your fuel lines at the engine, for your engine swap? I used mini hose clamps, but Im worried because there was only about 3/4 of an inch of metal tubeing to slide the ruber fuel line on. Is this going to pop off? No, I cant slide the hose on further,it hits a flange or what ever you call it.

Engine is a 3800 SC II

Get the quick connect fittings that come stock on the GP. Use 2 small hose clamps per fitting amd u will not have an issue. U can buy these fittings from the parts store also.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I "grooved" about an inch of the metal line ,using a "tubing cutter" to just put 5 or 6 "grooves" ( just deep enough for the rubber hose to "Grip" onto), then really tightened GOOD Quality small strap clamps right over where the grooves are. make sure you use "Fuel Injection HOSE", not regular fuel line.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock