Isuzu 5 speed by Csjag
Started on: 05-03-2014 10:04 AM
Replies: 1 (87 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 05-03-2014 11:24 AM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 2M4 has a slight tranny problem I have been trying to diagnose. When I shift into 5th gear there's a little grinding, if I shift into 5th very quickly there is almost no grinding. I have good movement at the slave cylinder and I have replace the clutch master with Rodney's excellent un it and I put Rodneys double piston kit in the slave cylinder. Could this be something to do with the shift cables or linkage? I do see a little bit of a gap where one of the cables attaches to the vertical shift lever at the transaxle case (like maybe the bolt slipped down the slotted attachment point a little) Thanks for any and all advice. Cliff
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That slot allows for adjustment of the cable. If you don't have one, get yourself a Haynes manual. It details how to adjust. The condensed version is to remove the console shift surround and place the shifter into First gear. There is a small hole just at the base of the shifter shaft where you would insert a drill bit horizontally to lock the shifter into place. Loosen the nut on the end of the cable at the transmission lever, wiggle the lever to be sure it's fully engaged in the gear, then tighten the nut.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock