Paint color by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 05-01-2014 11:05 PM
Replies: 14 (264 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 05-03-2014 04:42 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We saw a new SUV go past the house today (didn't get to notice what Brand it was), we were so "Gawking" at the color. it was a light metallic Lime color. I don't like green, but this was really Sharp ! The kind of color that makes an" old model "car look Modern. The first time I've ever considered painting my GT or any car green ! Gotta find out what make it was.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Search on Google images for "Ford lime green" and you will see pics of a nice lime green metallic on various Ford cars
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive seen a nice light green on some asian cars too. Scion XB had a limited edition color that was a golden green in 04-05.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this was some thing "like" what Ford used on the 68 mustangs, maybe a little lighter, Hard to tell, it had so much Clear that was reflecting the light ..... whatever it was, it was beautiful ! I wonder what it would look like on my 87 GT. Has anyone painted their Fiero a light lime green ? Pics ?
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a nice light green one I found a pic of.

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nevermind the car.................what IS that pile?
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pile, ? Where ? what am I missing? the car is in a parking lot , up against a concrete stop thing, in front of an embankment. what are you referring to ? Or are you referring to the Ugly silver car ? LOL
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou6t4gto

8436 posts
Member since May 2008
not the color I saw, can't say I like that on a Notchie.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
about halfway down, in the center of the page , there is a set of " Speakers". But what would it look like on a Fiero GT I wonder. Is there a way of "Photoshopping" that color onto a picture of a GT ??
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really don't think a decision can be made on paint color based on a photograph or a screen image. That picture of the notchback for instance, is washed out by the sunlight and you are only seeing part of the car.
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First, what's on the notchback is a totally different color (than the color on those speakers). it MAY be what Ford has on the Focus. I just don't want to go through all the work and expense, only to go ," damn, that's not what I thought it would be". Even going to a "car lot" and looking, What "looks good" on one 1 "type" of car, may look terrible on another. kind of like comparing a bright red Corvette to a bright red Rolls Royce 4 door, know what I "mean" ? That's why I'd really like to see if Someone has Already put that color on a FIERO GT.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with you totally, its really hard to say what color looks good on a particular car without seeing the car in person and of course what looks good to me someone else may think looks awful. Some people like pink Cadillac's
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'll go back to Met Burgundy !
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that's a great Fiero color

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock