Started on: 05-01-2014 09:37 AM
Replies: 6 (415 views)
Last post by: Boostdreamer on 05-03-2014 08:29 AM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86 GT automatic w/air

I was putting my new brake booster in and I think I got something under the dash out of adjustment. Now my cruise control won't engage. There is a white plastic switch down there and I think that is what I bumped. Does anyone know what I need to do to get it going again?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the brake booster banjo was slightly shorter, the pedal would be closer to the floor and the pedal switches would think the brakes were on.

Just take both of the brake switches and pull them toward the tabs on the pedal so they are fully compressed with the pedal at rest.

------------------
fieroguruperformance.com

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

If the brake booster banjo was slightly shorter, the pedal would be closer to the floor and the pedal switches would think the brakes were on.

Just take both of the brake switches and pull them toward the tabs on the pedal so they are fully compressed with the pedal at rest.

Ok thanks! I didn't know there were two switches.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The one with two yellow wires.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the two switches in question. They both have plunger style buttons that are normally pressed in when the brake pedal is not pushed. When the pedal is pushed, the buttons are released and the brake lights are activated and the cruise control is canceled.

I had to adjust both of them a bit to be fully depressed against the brake pedal. That was what was wrong. The cruise control is working again!

Thanks to everyone and as always, plusses for everyone who participated (if you don't already have one)!!

EDIT: Guess what? Both of you already have plusses from me!

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 05-01-2014).]

canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's absolutely amazing what you can learn on this Forum!
My cruise control system is all intact, but dosen't work. This simple fix may resolve my problem.
Thank you for sharing this on the Forum!
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canfirst:

It's absolutely amazing what you can learn on this Forum!
My cruise control system is all intact, but dosen't work. This simple fix may resolve my problem.
Thank you for sharing this on the Forum!

I always try to finish out my threads and include pics for the next guy. Glad this one is already helping someone. Please let us know if this fixes your problem. It is an easy job. No tools required. The switches will slide through the brackets like a zip tie going thru its lock.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock