Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  87 gt wheels size difference front and rear or just the tire ????

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
87 gt wheels size difference front and rear or just the tire ???? by fierogtx
Started on: 04-30-2014 10:06 PM
Replies: 6 (294 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 04-30-2014 10:36 PM
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi fiero brother i speek french and will try to ask my question the most clearly possible .i know you have two size of tire for the fiero gt i have a 1987 gt and i have the recommended tire size if i remember 205 front and 215 rear but what i want to know is does it have a difference of the wheel size between front and rear wheel. if you remove the tire the 4 wheels will have the same width .... etc ?????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87 GT wheels did take two sizes of tires, you are correct 205, and 215.
although you could use the same size , the difference was just for looks.
The rims were identical front and back 7 inch width. Only on the 88 GT was
the rims different fronts were 6 inch width while backs were 7 . hope that helps.
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:

87 GT wheels did take two sizes of tires, you are correct 205, and 215.
although you could use the same size , the difference was just for looks.
The rims were identical front and back 7 inch width. Only on the 88 GT was
the rims different fronts were 6 inch width while backs were 7 . hope that helps.

so if i installed tires 3 years ago the garage that install the tire cant be wrong because the 4 wheels are identical .
without the tire it will be perfectly identical right ????
many thanks for your help

kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes , all are identical. I am currently replacing my 87 steel rims with 87 GT rims.
I don't have to worry which one goes where because the are the same.
Unless like I stated earlier you have 88 rims they were different. but it is always good to ask.
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:

Yes , all are identical. I am currently replacing my 87 steel rims with 87 GT rims.
I don't have to worry which one goes where because the are the same.
Unless like I stated earlier you have 88 rims they were different. but it is always good to ask.

thanks for the clear reply because i speek french i want to make sure i understand clean and clear thanks again

kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are welcome, I know I don't like it when people give me answers that I can't understand.
Nice talking to you
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Staggered tire sizes aren't just for looks. Larger diameter wheels on the rear helps to reduce understeer to some degree during hard cornering. Progressively reducing the front diameter and increasing the rear diameter will at some point cause oversteer.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock