Radio gurus come hither!!! by kikinz24
Started on: 04-30-2014 02:59 PM
Replies: 4 (562 views)
Last post by: kikinz24 on 04-30-2014 07:53 PM
kikinz24

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok heres the ordeal .. was recently playing online trying to find modern radio upgrades.. but want to stay as factory as possible.. picked up a 2004 pontiac cd player from a grand am. THEFTLOCKED.. and I have a 2004 trail blazer rds radio also theftlocked... watched numerous videos and read multipe threads abour removing the eprom to completly bypass the THEFTLOCK ok sooo after researching removing the entire eprom allows the radio to work but no memory whatsoever. Then further reading I found just removing pin#8 on the eprom allows it to work and still keep the memory settings (doesnt kill the main power after ignition is off) I did as I read found the eprom removed pin#8 and the trail blazer radio works perfect memory also works.. I was ecstatic. ... well like I said going for the "factory look" now I know the grand am radio worked perfectly fine I personally drove it home and stripped it apart. Anyhow I removes the radio cover and snipped pin#8 and plugged it in and the radio says error and will not work at all now.... so I figured maybe I snipped the wrong pin "tho I didnt" so I pulled the entire eprom from the board and stilln. Error the radio wont work now.. does anybody have a clue why this may be?? My only thought is the pontiac radio is different. Tho only the display should be different...

[This message has been edited by kikinz24 (edited 04-30-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea what you did, I have never heard of that.

http://www.wikihow.com/Unlo...d-GM-Theftlock-Radio

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-30-2014).]

kikinz24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That process only works on pre 01 radios that say LOC.. THE RDS AND 01+grand am /grand prix radios use class 2 bcm calibration. And will display locked. Not LOC. and must be recalibrated to the new bcm of the vehicle it is installed in. With a tech2 or a dealer device equivalent. Thus not allowing a chevy rds radio in a grand am or grand prix or an oldsmobile or vise versa. And cannot use them in a vehicle that does not have a bcm bc the radio marries the bcm vin. This mod that I performed allowed me to unlock a class 2 radio which have mp3 function and some have aux ports directly on them and have xm capability.. here is a link that helps describe the radio in depth more.

http://forum.sounddomain.co...Number/311575/page/1

The issue I ran into was on the grand am radio and stumped me.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been a while since I read about this. Apparently it works on some radios but not on others. (As you discovered.)
I never had much luck screwing around with GM radio security. There were usually other options available (like aftermarket head units) that made it not worth my time or trouble.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-30-2014).]

kikinz24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well my initial go at it was due to having a car (with a bad motor) and no radio when I bought it and buying a parts car (wrecked in the back end) for the motor.. it was an impala I was fixing a grand am. So when I switched the radio it was locked and the dealer refused to attempt a bcm relearn bc it was a chevy radio in a pontiac. So i did the pin removal and it worked since then I was thinking hmm a factory pontiac mp3 xm radio for a fiero. Heck yea lets do this. Aaand it didnt work... but I plug my chevrolet rds in and it does. Nust figured I would see if anyone has had luck with a factory pontiac radio

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock