Need some info on fuel rails 3800... by IanT720
Started on: 04-30-2014 11:55 AM
Replies: 5 (498 views)
Last post by: IanT720 on 05-02-2014 10:52 PM
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys I'm working on a turbo setup for my L67 fiero. I will be using the F-body intake manifold so I can mount the turbo over my transmission... The problem I'm running into is with the fuel rail. Stock my injector holes are in my heads, but with the F body the injector ports are in the intake manifold. I plan to tap and plug the ports in the intake. I know that much. What I don't know is will a modified L67 rail fit around the new intake?? Is the injector spacing the same on a Camaro rail, so I could just extend it so it fits in the head ports?? Will Fuel logs work?? Maybe someone can shine some light, or if your willing to build one PM me.

On a side note.... Anybody ever use direct port nitrous? I'd already have the holes tapped in the manifold.....

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much of a need for direct port.. the fogger is just so easy to do with a dry shot that you shouldnt care too much.

I would just run a L67 rail on it. should just bolt on and you can rock and roll.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO, Fuel Logs will look the best.

However, If you do use a stock rail please use the L32 Series III and some paint as it is much cleaner. The stock series II rail L67 will work but look a mess.

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
A Camaro rail will NOT work with the L67 heads unless Fierofreak00 or someone can mod them to fit.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/065100.html

However, You can also plug the injector ports in the L67 heads but I am pretty sure you have to remove heads to do it. I am not aware of any o-ringed injector plugs.

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Wait Wut! Hold on one damn minute...google to the rescue. Found the image, but can't find where they sell the actual product though.

IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love logs but damn 400+ is hard to justify when my turbo cost 300, thanks for the replies guys guess I will look into getting my rail chopped or going return less. Those O-ring plugs are trick, gotta wonder if they will blowout from boost though...

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock