87 fiero Fuel Overflow Expasion Tank by Ponnari
Started on: 04-28-2014 11:33 PM
Replies: 16 (339 views)
Last post by: Ponnari on 05-02-2014 02:31 AM
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone, I need a fuel overflow expansion tank for my 87 GT. Does anyone sell new ones? Or anyone have a nice one the want to sell?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can get a new one at The Fiero Store, and I believe Rock Auto also sells them.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

You can get a new one at The Fiero Store, and I believe Rock Auto also sells them.

I don't think this is true.....I have not seen a new FUEL tank in decades. Can you post a link?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry. I misread. I was thought you were asking about coolant overflow tanks.
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I was hoping I just missed finding a source for them, I searched all over and couldn't find any new ones.

Anyone else have ideas????
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ponnari

565 posts
Member since Dec 2011
Anyone know if any other car uses something similar that might work, MR2, or .......
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why do you want a NEW tank? Post an ad in the Mall and get an original from a parted-out Fiero....they are road tested!
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Restoring car for show & my collection.

Please.... Lets not turn this into a why thread like so many others.
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ponnari

565 posts
Member since Dec 2011
Bump
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ponnari

565 posts
Member since Dec 2011
Thought about used..... Wanted to see if anyone had a source for new one.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are just not common enough for anyone to make new. You may be able to find a NOS at a dealer... here is the part number: 10041455
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can drive the car w/o it. Just don't totally fill up main tank or worse, many tries to squeeze in extra quart or two after pump nozzle trips. Extra tank give safe place when main tank in full or over full then gas gets warm or hot. Is to save EVAP can from liquid fuel or spills.

If you can't find a replacement... I think you can fix leaks just solder, if needed solder in a patch or make a bracket and solder that. (I don't think is SS)
Use plenty compress air to ventilate the tank before you try solder.
Use lead base solder but avoid acid base flux.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jaskispyder, thank you very much for the part #, I am going to search dealers.

theogre, thanks for the bypass tip, I may have to do that for a while.

going to try the mall here and see if I can find a good used one.
Macarchie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MacarchieSend a Private Message to MacarchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have two… one is sitting on my spare shelf and the other is still in the car that I'm parting out. I can send you a pic when I get back out to the garage tomorrow.

later, Jimmy

------------------
1987 coupe; Blue; 2.5L; 5-spd
1987 Firebird Formula; Blue; 5L; 5-spd

Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Macarchie, if you are selling one, how much? Also do you have an 87-88 gas tank for sale, I'd like to have a good spare.
Macarchie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MacarchieSend a Private Message to MacarchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. I have pics I can send you.

------------------
1987 coupe; Blue; 2.5L; 5-spd
1987 Firebird Formula; Blue; 5L; 5-spd

Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jimmy, sent you 2 PM's

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock