A/C fuse fried everytime I turn it on by alejandrissimo
Started on: 04-28-2014 04:43 PM
Replies: 4 (144 views)
Last post by: FIEROFLYER on 04-29-2014 02:19 PM
alejandrissimo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alejandrissimoSend a Private Message to alejandrissimoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, me again.... so is that time when you can melt yourself inside the car so I decided to do a workaround with my broken A/C. (there was air but it was not cool)

On Nov. 2013 I was driving the car and suddenly I smell something burning about 3 seconds, with that in mind today I checked the fuse and it was ok, then I check the A/C controller and I discover a burned circuit line, so I did a soldered bridge, connect the controller back and do the proper test. As soon as I turn the key ON the fuse blows, I replace the 20 AMP fuse and then again, as soon as I turn the key the fuse blows again.

Do you know if this is a known issue or how to check and fix where is the problem? (short circuit maybe?)

Please help, is getting pretty hot around here x_X

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unplug the A/C compressor and see if the fuse still blows.

If so unplug the A/C relay and see if it still blows. The A/C relay is located behind the drivers seat, but in the engine compartment next to the fuel pump relay. The A/C relay can be identified by the color of it's wires - Lt. Blue, Dk. Blue, Dk. Green, Black.

If still blowing then unplug the heater controls and see if the fuse blows.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you have a bad clutch on your AC compressor, or a shorted wire going to it. have some one start the AC for you while you have the engine bay open an watch your AC compressor belt and the clutch. if the clutch is working properly and then stops working after the fuse blows it sounds more like a short, good luck finding that,

I would rather pound my balls flat with a sledge hammer than hunt down an electrical problem.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unplug the pressure switch in the front compartment this will prevent the A/C compressor from being turned on as well as the relay. also this is only power to control the relay the power for the compressor comes from the fuse through the C203 pin N not pin M as pin M is ground also a good place to check for a short. Try unplugging the C203 to sort of divide the system in half and go from there. Dan

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock