alternator upgrade by Csjag
Started on: 04-28-2014 11:30 AM
Replies: 2 (123 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 04-28-2014 12:19 PM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 85 2M4 that I am thinking of upgrading to the later style alternator. Has anyone done this on the 85 and if so did you notice any difference in sea tof the pants performance. I am asking because the Ogre suggested I do this instead of an under drive pulley.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive done the alternater upgrade. That upgrade is really for when your runnung alot of electronics, like an amp,driveing lights,sterio...an alternator most likely won't boost performance. It only takes one spark to ignight the fuel. You'de probubley get better performance by porting the exhaust manifolds,but thats not allways easy because the flange bolts can break.
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok thanks, I've already done a lot of little things that have helped a lot and its fun to drive now. Sounds like I should leave well enough alone.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock