3800 SC Oil Pressure problems by Merlinhaggard
Started on: 04-27-2014 10:05 PM
Replies: 3 (152 views)
Last post by: Merlinhaggard on 04-28-2014 09:21 AM
Merlinhaggard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I unplug the 88 sensor and turn the key on, the gauge peggs out. When I plug it back in, all I get is Zero while the engine is running. As far as I know the first test means the gauge is good. The sensor is new. Any thoughts?? Thanks..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you sure you have the right sensor installed?
NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this a new problem or did you just replace the oil sending unit and by chance the wire harness. I would think the oil pressure with the key on and harness plugged in should read O psi. and if you disconnect the harness with power on the gauge will max out, when you plug the harness back in to the sending unit it should read 0 again.

If you start the car and the pressure still reads 0, then ....it is a bad sending unit....or the oil passage is clogged in the block or oil sending unit...or....you have 0 oil pressure.

This is the unit you have, correct? http://www.fierostore.com/P...px?s=51402&d=172&p=1

------------------
Mark
In the Great Northwest!

[This message has been edited by NW-Fiero (edited 04-28-2014).]

Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that is the one I have. I ordered another one just incase.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock