3800 SC Plugged coolant lines by Merlinhaggard
Started on: 04-27-2014 10:03 PM
Replies: 5 (192 views)
Last post by: bomluuk on 04-28-2014 02:42 PM
Merlinhaggard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plugged both of the heater core hoses. Is that OK? All I have is in from the radiator and out to the radiator.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as long as they don't leak. they have no effect on cooling the engine.....no harm in plug hoses or hooking together with a splicer pipe.

------------------
Mark
In the Great Northwest!

trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

they have no effect on cooling the engine

Really? You can gain about 10 to 20% by just turning the heater up on high and running the blower, it is not plesant, but it will cool off a hot car faster than anything else you can do. Larry
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Merlinhaggard:

I plugged both of the heater core hoses. Is that OK? All I have is in from the radiator and out to the radiator.

U don't plan on using ur heater?
NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was not addressing the efficiency of the heater core removal, rather the hazard to the system. Lets take a pole....who drives with the heater on full blast (except in the winter).....to cool the engine......(well maybe Los Angeles Freeway parking).....taking out the thermostat would have a greater cooling effect and comfort level I would think.

I was think along the lines that the heater core was leaking and rather than run the system at full blast and deal with a constant drip on the passenger side carpet. disconnect the hoses and plug them until it can be fixed........but hey.

------------------
Mark
In the Great Northwest!

[This message has been edited by NW-Fiero (edited 04-28-2014).]

bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is my understanding that they should not be plugged but conntected together, essentially bypassing the heater core. But I guess it really depends on what year. 86 and earlier uses the return of the heater core to complete the coolant flow.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock