Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Red Bumper pad notchies with aftermarket wheels.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Red Bumper pad notchies with aftermarket wheels. by lurtz
Started on: 04-27-2014 09:40 PM
Replies: 2 (185 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 04-29-2014 10:39 AM
lurtz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Everyone! I have been thinking for a while that I should be looking into new wheels for my 84. I have a really great, clean set of Hi Techs with a set of RWL Cooper Cobras that are just about done for. Luckily I ran across a set of brand new coopers from a tire store in my area last year and socked them away for a pretty good deal. So this summer I will be changing over to what will probably be the last set of coopers rwls that I can find without being really far out of date. I know based on personal experience and several discussions on this forum 215/60r14s are going to be as scarce as hens teeth, I am resigning to have to give up the factory look for a wheel that has better tire selection.

I'm looking for some inspiration. I have seen a lot of fastback fieros with great wheels, but I don't feel like they are a great representation on how they will look on a bumperpad. The Fastback lines hold up very well in modern times and by result work well with modern wheels. The bumperpads on the other hand definitely hold their 80s roots strong! For that reason I think the Hi-tech wheels are a great fit for the bumperpad style.

So does anyone have any pics of bumperpads with aftermarket wheels? I asked for red but any will do just fine!!

Thanks and sorry for being long winded.

------------------
1984 Base Coupe Red Stock MY8
1984 SE Black Stock

2002 Grand Prix GTP 40th Anniv. Stock

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurtz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! in the night

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What size wheel are you looking at going to?

On tirerack.com you can see a rendering of wheels on a car:
http://www.tirerack.com/whe...ar=1986&autoModClar=

http://www.tirerack.com/whe...=8&grid=true&sw=1440

http://www.tirerack.com/whe...42&grid=true&sw=1440

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-29-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave