Started on: 04-27-2014 05:54 PM
Replies: 10 (554 views)
Last post by: Hudini on 04-29-2014 08:54 AM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that the stock 15" lace wheel has a 30mm offset. Can someone tell me what the back space is on a 15" lace wheel? I'm looking for some custom wheels for my wide body and some of the custom wheel manufacturers ask for a back space measurement. I don't' have a stock 15" wheel to take a measurement on. Thanks in advance!

Pat
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileyClick Here to Email tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp Check out this site. They will give you all the info you'll need for rims and tires
IMSA GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 242
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Using the above website, it comes out to 5.2"

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-27-2014).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp Check out this site. They will give you all the info you'll need for rims and tires

That's the link I was looking for - thanks!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Using the above website, it comes out to 5.2"

So it's looking like to run 17X10 on the back, I'll need a "0" ET - and that gives me a 5.5" back space - I'm wondering is the 315 / 35 / 17 (25.7" Dia) will give me clearance issues on the strut?

For the front, if I use a 17X8 with a "20" ET - that gives me a 5.3" back space - using a 225-45-17 tire with a 25" dia. Trying to figure this out is really tough.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Click Here to Email Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fitting anything larger than a 275 on the back of the fiero is a challenge all in itself. Coilovers will be required , and even then guys say that 17"s won't give enough clearance on the knuckle.. 18"s and your good.

------------------

IMSA GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 242
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

So it's looking like to run 17X10 on the back, I'll need a "0" ET - and that gives me a 5.5" back space

And THAT is the tough part. The only wheels that I have found to be "0" offset are all custom made....not over the counter wheels.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

And THAT is the tough part. The only wheels that I have found to be "0" offset are all custom made....not over the counter wheels.

I have found several sets on E Bay with 2 - 17X10 with a 20mm offset packaged 2 - 17X8 with a 25mm offset. So I'm thinking that to get the rears to set with the inside as close to "stock" as possible, I would need 20mm spacers - would require longer studs in the hubs which does not bother me and I may have to "down size the tire width. Not sure the 8" with a 25mm would work up front - I suppose it's only 5mm - to the outside - just not sure if it would sit out too far?

Maybe I'll look at a set of 18's? or stagger 18 front and 19 rear? I keep hearing the cha ching of a cash register! I have not even looked at tire process yet! More work to do.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Pat
djlamp14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Click Here to Email djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guessing a wide 16" rim will have even more issues with hitting the knuckle or perch? I was planning to run some 8.5" or 9" wide rear 16" rims with 275 series tires or so.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by djlamp14:

Guessing a wide 16" rim will have even more issues with hitting the knuckle or perch? I was planning to run some 8.5" or 9" wide rear 16" rims with 275 series tires or so.

It all depends on the offset I think. If you can keep the offset or back space the same as a stock 15" wheel you may be OK but the width of the tire may cause problems? Both on the knuckle and / or the strut and the fender. I have a wide body that's about 3"wider in the rear so I have some room to go outward.

Using the site posted above, If I go with a 275/45/17 on a 17X10 wheel with a 20mm offset (back space is 6.3" which would put the wheel into the knuckle / strut) If I used a 20mm spacer, that would bring the back space back to 5.5" - the stock wheel is 5.2" so I would be .15" closer to the knuckle / strut than the stock wheel. I believe there is enough room. The 275/45/17 tires is 10.8" wide adding another .40" toward the knuckle / strut. I'm not sure there is more than .55" of clearance there?
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniClick Here to Email HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you seen this?

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock