Roof Swap/Windshield Replacement Info by A_Pegasi
Started on: 04-23-2014 11:01 PM
Replies: 2 (672 views)
Last post by: zmcdonal on 04-24-2014 06:51 PM
A_Pegasi

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be swapping the roofs on two Fiero's to put a solid roof on my DD and a sunroof on my collector. Both of the original windshields could also be replaced. So, I'm wondering if I should remove the windshields before the roof panels and leave them out until swapping the roofs is complete. It looks like this might make it easier to get the "A" pillars free with less chance of cracking or breakage. I've searched PFF topics and archives, but haven't found a thread about doing a swap this way.

Would appreciate any comments or tips from owners who've done this.

Thanks.
Bob

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have done the same swap. Folks might successfully remove the roof without removing the windshield first but I was not able to. I would suggest that you should treat it as having to remove the windshield first and if you can afford it, have new ones installed when you've completed the swap. That's how I ended up doing things and I was pretty happy with the result.

Charlie
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have successfully removed the roof section of my 85 parts car with the windshield in tact. Make sure you do the job on a nice hot day with the car in the sun to soften the black urethane? (goo) that holds the roof section on, or have a heat source available. I just went nice and slow and took my time. Since you mentioned that both of your cars still have the original windshields, it might be a good time to replace them though.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock