Where did htis part come from? by jakejoseph
Started on: 04-23-2014 06:55 PM
Replies: 6 (319 views)
Last post by: jakejoseph on 04-24-2014 10:23 PM
jakejoseph

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jakejosephSend a Private Message to jakejosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing a little long needed maintenance on my new to me 84 Fiero. I'm dropping the oil pan and while I was working - this thing fell out - I cannot for the life of me figure out where it came from - it fell out and I can't match it up to anything. Any ideas?

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by jakejoseph (edited 04-23-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That goes on top of the tower in the engine compartment under a Nut that holds the top of the rear strut in.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

That goes on top of the tower in the engine compartment under a Nut that holds the top of the rear strut in.

That is exactly what it is. I imagine that it fell into the engine compartment at some point over the past 30 years and fell to the ground when the pan was removed.
jakejoseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jakejosephSend a Private Message to jakejosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you gentlemen. I knew it looked familiar, but I couldn't place it -I guess because I hadn't messed with the struts..You guys rock.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should have those on both shock towers. They help to spread the load of the strut ring stud. Look at the very top of this photo and you can see the position of the two on the passenger side. There should also be two on the driver's side.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
actually, every one that I've taken apart has 3 on each side. 1 is under the bracket that the grilles screw onto.
jakejoseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jakejosephSend a Private Message to jakejosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep - It was exactly what you guys said....Heaven knows how long it had been down there... Someone made an improvement...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock