Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Need new rear tires. Please LMK if you agree.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Need new rear tires. Please LMK if you agree. by PBJ
Started on: 04-23-2014 12:05 PM
Replies: 2 (133 views)
Last post by: Custom2M4 on 04-23-2014 02:00 PM
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to replace my rear tires. NITTO NT 555 245 45 17 drag radials. I am happy with what I have now. And with some homework I plan on buying the same. BUT, I drag race once every 2 years so maybe there is something just as sticky but better all around. Is a 3800 turbo that runs 10s in the quarter if it helps in my decision.

What I have now.

http://www.summitracing.com...nit-182910/overview/

------------------

88 3800 turbo...10 sec Quarter Mile Member.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vanet

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back when I used to drag race, I tried what you are doing until I finally went with slicks. They just work so much better. Get your self some decent touring tires for the street, and buy some slicks for the track. It seems like you will spend a lot more, but in reality they will both last a lot longer and in the end it will cost you less. At least that is the way it worked for me. Van
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mickey thompson make a real nice drag radial. I've heard a lot of great things from those nittos as well. I would not however recommend the bfg drag radials however. I had a set on my trans am. Personally I would stick to drag radials instead of slicks, easier on the trans and you can still have fun on the street (safely and no racing of course).

Cheers.
Chase

------------------

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock