calling all timing gurus by Sabenn_88_notch
Started on: 04-22-2014 07:24 PM
Replies: 5 (81 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-22-2014 08:13 PM
Sabenn_88_notch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sabenn_88_notchSend a Private Message to Sabenn_88_notchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Problem: I took out the distributor out of my 3.4L with out any markings. Now that it is time to put it back in I don't have a clue how to put the darn thing back in so it would be timed right.

How do I time a distributor with out any markings?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vanet

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is not fiero specific. But normally you put the number one cylinder at TDC then drop the distributor in with the rotor pointed at the number one cylinder on the cap. This will get it close enough to start and then use a light to time it. If it is different for fieros someone please chime in. Thanks Van
Sabenn_88_notch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sabenn_88_notchSend a Private Message to Sabenn_88_notchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about that, but that's what I've done. The engine isn't in yet but I'll give that a try!
Thanks Zach
Vanet

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just realized what you wrote. The 3.4 doesnt have a distributor. It uses coil packs. So either the 3.4 is a miss print or your talking about a 2.8?? anyway the process is the same for all engines. Van
Sabenn_88_notch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sabenn_88_notchSend a Private Message to Sabenn_88_notchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A 3.4 out of a camaro with the top end of a Fiero 2.8, it has a distributor

Zach
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the help of a friend, hold your finger over the #1 plug hole and have your friend rotate the crank to bring it to top dead center ON THE COMPRESSION STROKE. The pressure will build and push against your finger.
Drop the distributor in with the rotor pointing at #1.
Should be close enough to start.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock