timing cover by sgosser
Started on: 04-20-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 2 (120 views)
Last post by: sgosser on 04-21-2014 05:34 PM
sgosser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just put new timing set on my 2.8. used gasket kit and blue gasket maker. got bolts completely tight. still have a drip out timing cover I think right above the bottom water pump hose. I took out the bolt there and it was dry. guess my only option is to do it over. any advice? someone told me I used the wrong gasket maker. I haven't started car yet so it leaked without any pressure in the system. thanks

------------------
Scott
85 gt

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure there is not a hole in the cover right in the intake part of the cover, some have it and some don't. Larry
sgosser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had to heat the bottom bolt from the water pump to get it out of timing cover. Heated it a lot. It is just dripping a little on the right side where one of the large bolts goes through water pump and timing cover. It is leaking between cover and block. It is an 87 engine. I have some parts from an 85. I can put timing cover and oil pan from 85 to 87 can't I?

------------------
Scott
85 gt

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock