Stock Radio Problem and Ebrake Equalizer Removal by Midn1ght Driv3r
Started on: 04-20-2014 05:51 PM
Replies: 3 (144 views)
Last post by: Midn1ght Driv3r on 04-21-2014 04:16 PM
Midn1ght Driv3r

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got two problems that I've been trying to tackle:

1. My radio has almost constant static coming through the speakers when I try both the AM and FM radio stations. If I play around with the wiring a little bit in the back or if I pull the radio out it works fine. As soon as I put it back in though it might stay for a day or an hour and then go right back to static. The antenna is tight on the post on the fender. The static doesn't sound different depending on RPM so I don't believe its the radio signal displacement thing on the decklid above the engine. I replaced the stock radio with another stock one from the junkyard and both of them are doing the same things. I feel that it's unlikely that both of them could be causing the same problem.

So I'm not sure where my next step should be in checking. I'm guessing the wiring harness but I'm not sure exactly where to start diagnosing because all of the connections are tight and I can't see any corrosion.

2. I've tried adjusting my e-brake equalizer because of how loose the cables are, but no matter how I move it or tighten it, there is no movement in either direction. I believe it is probably just seized after all of these years. I purchased a new one but I have no idea how to get the old one off now.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Midn1ght Driv3r (edited 04-21-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Midn1ght Driv3r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Adjusting likely won't help.
You have bad wheels cables or all three and/or bad calipers.
start at see my Cave, Rear Brakes

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Midn1ght Driv3r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read your whole post on rear brakes, and I'm just going to hope that the rebuilt calipers that I put on are correct for the moment. The equalizer is 3/4 down the threaded part of the brake cable which is why I see it so loose. With that in mind, I believe that the equalizer just needs to be threaded back and it will tighten up. Not sure how to do that because no matter how I grab the cable and equalizer the cable just spins and doesn't move up or down the threaded part.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock