Cap behind the fly wheel by LornesGT
Started on: 04-18-2014 01:49 AM
Replies: 2 (99 views)
Last post by: smartaxel on 04-18-2014 08:51 AM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When the fly wheel is removed about a foot above the crank is a cap. What does it cover and is that the extra seal that comes with the rear main seal kit? That looks to me like my main source of oil but I am not sure. By the way what is the easiest way to get the main seal out, pick at it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That covers the bore hole for the camshaft. It will leak and foul the clutch, so it is a good idea to replace that gasket whenever you are in there. Use some non-hardening brush-on sealer on both sides.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierofactory used to say to re-seal the cam cover with silicone, do that is also an option

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock