Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Engine swap idea.. fiat 1.4t multiair...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Engine swap idea.. fiat 1.4t multiair... by xunedeinx
Started on: 04-17-2014 05:43 PM
Replies: 12 (1116 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 04-22-2014 11:29 PM
xunedeinx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xunedeinxSend a Private Message to xunedeinxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone should do it!

162hp, 186tq stock, 40-50mpg in a 3200lb car, available DCT or 6spd manual....

Any takers up to the challenge?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, if you can keep it running....
If you want mileage, and a neat blow-off sound, sure.

Performance, wow-factor, or an easy swap, nope.

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 04-17-2014).]

FieroJimmy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to mention it uses a proprietary Magnetti Marelli pcm, and if you get your tune wrong your intake valves won't open. There isn't an intake cam, just hydraulic actuators, controlled by the pcm.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you actually Want to put a FIAT engine INTO something ??!!
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear its a pretty gutless motor.
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If a small turbo four cylinder is what someone wants why not just grab a 1.4 turbo out of a Chevrolet Cruze or Sonic?
FieroJimmy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The turbo on that thing is about the size of a grapefruit.
xunedeinx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xunedeinxSend a Private Message to xunedeinxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Easy, I haved it in my dart, and it really is a great powerplant.

There are tuners who can now tune the motor.

Just a tune, and better piping and exhaust people are getting 220hp and 280tq with the stock boost levels.

Oh, and it sounds WICKED.
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by xunedeinx:

Easy, I haved it in my dart, and it really is a great powerplant.

There are tuners who can now tune the motor.

Just a tune, and better piping and exhaust people are getting 220hp and 280tq with the stock boost levels.

Oh, and it sounds WICKED.

Source?

I had a full turbo back exhaust put in, no cats, an intake, and tuned and I was NO WHERE near those numbers on something like 32lbs which stock is 24.
I ran on a mustang dyno and put down 176FWHP and 190FT/LB. This was in my 2012 Abarth.

EDIT: Spelling

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fan_88 (edited 04-20-2014).]

sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tork is one of the companys that can "bench" flash the ECU. Roadrace has a signal interception box, junk IMO. I have a Dart with the 2.0, wouldn't waste my time with a 1.4t, turbo is too small to make any real power, 200hp is the limit AFAIK. IIRC a canned tune from Magneti-Marelli is available too.

http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/tork-motorsports/

[This message has been edited by sleevePAPA (edited 04-20-2014).]

Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sleevePAPA:

Tork is one of the companys that can "bench" flash the ECU. Roadrace has a signal interception box, junk IMO. I have a Dart with the 2.0, wouldn't waste my time with a 1.4t, turbo is too small to make any real power, 200hp is the limit AFAIK. IIRC a canned tune from Magneti-Marelli is available too.

I remember tork from their launch control. The Roadrace box is just a modified TCM box for more money and little gain.
The only person I've seen break the 200hp mark is a guy on the Fiat forums that swapped turbo's with the Garret GT2054. If I recall correctly the stock is a GT2046/48 based on manufacturing date but they can be swapped for the larger 52/54/56 trims.

I spent a bit of money importing parts from overseas on that motor and I was slower than a Focus ST. Eaten alive by a 2013 stock STI.

2500# Curb weight with 175hp/190ft/lbs

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fan_88 (edited 04-20-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
OziDarklighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OziDarklighterSend a Private Message to OziDarklighterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any more common engine swaps for much higher fuel economy?

I wonder if anyone has considered putting an electric / hybrid engine in a Fiero...
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OziDarklighter:

I wonder if anyone has considered putting an electric / hybrid engine in a Fiero...

Yup - you're kinda late to the party with that idea.
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/resu...query=electric+fiero

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-22-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors