Started on: 04-16-2014 09:26 AM
Replies: 3 (150 views)
Last post by: Archie on 04-16-2014 02:51 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The GBCT is having difficulty shifting into 1st gear ever since the newly rebuilt 5 speed was installed by Whodeanie. Not looking for any finger pointing or blame here though. Trying to find out if there is any adjustment to the shift mechanism that I can explore to smooth things out.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine running or not? If it happens only with engine running, suspect clutch not fully disengaging (hydraulics, bent pedal, worn clutch shaft bushings, worn fork, etc.) If it happens engine running or not, could be shifter, cable, or possibly all of the above. Does it also happen in 3rd and 5th?

Sorry, probably only added to the confusion, but Fiero clutch systems are a pain. Every part in the system has to be in perfect working order.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can do a bit of investigating tonight but as I recall it is smooth in all gears, running or not, with the exception of first. Difficult into first running or not running.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I can do a bit of investigating tonight but as I recall it is smooth in all gears, running or not, with the exception of first. Difficult into first running or not running.

No telling with Dean, he may have just put the banjo on upside down.

Read #4 & start from there. http://v8archie.com/v8Archie/ToC6.htm

Archie

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock