engine swap by johnguzman1212
Started on: 04-16-2014 01:31 AM
Replies: 9 (391 views)
Last post by: kendallville on 04-19-2014 08:52 PM
johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own a 87 2.5 fiero im about to remove the head. im sure the engine is bad I have sand in cylinders, intake , oiley sparkplugs, low oil pressure and white smoke coming out tailpipe and water in oil. if I buy an engine with vin number R will any of these engines fit my car ? what engine is usually mistaken that people try to install? where is the thread to a engine swap of the same engine? what must I do during the swap? I have never taken a motor out before but im sure I can do it. what should I replace during swap? what modiciations should I do while engine is out now that new technology is out? what upgrades should I do? I have a shop and plenty of time and some money so any help?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Seems" a 1987 REQUIRES a 1987 Engine !
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put a low mile 88 2.5 in my 87 about two years ago, I used this post https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/088599.html
it shows a v6 but comes out the same way. and here is the link to my build https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089015.html
I had never taken one out , so I read the first post and asked a lot of questions here. you will get a lot of help.
I seems like a lot but if you take your time and one thing at a time it is not to bad .
just try to have things ready to go when you start like tools and what you are going to drop the motor on , and so on
good luck

[This message has been edited by kendallville (edited 04-16-2014).]

johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your right only r engine from other 87 will fit. thank you! thank you much for the info on all engine replacement chart. next question the chart tells me I can use a 1993 s10 2.5 and get more horsepower and fuel economy . is this true has anyone tried this in this fourem?
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced my R 87 with a R 88 out of a 88 fiero they are the same the only dif is the 88 had a force balancer ,
which means the oil filter is in the pan . perfect fit
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 70k 88 duke with a fresh top end in the shop that is for sale. It is an excellent engine. If you are interested, drop me a PM.
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i thought the oil pan will interfere with frame if I put the engine from 88 to my 87? what kind of cutting or mod do I have to do?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No interferences....
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no mod , no cutting , if it wouldn't have fit I wouldn't have put it in because I am no mechanic.
the 88 went on the cradle the same as the 87 came off.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089015.html my build post shows me replacing the duke.
the only difference was the oil pressure sending unit which I left the 88 on and changed the hookup
on the wire harness to accomadate the change from the 87 which you can no longer get.

bad pic but you get the idea.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock