3800sc and 282 getrag swap by Trenchking51
Started on: 04-15-2014 02:46 PM
Replies: 2 (180 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 04-15-2014 04:47 PM
Trenchking51

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchking51Send a Private Message to Trenchking51Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought my first fiero about a month ago. I bought it in order to make a sweet ride with my own hands. It's currently got the 3 speed in it but I'm hoping to swap for either the 282 getrag or a variant of the 4t65e. I'm also planning on swapping for a 3800sc and then intercooling and dropping pulley sizes. I would really appreciate some general insight on all of my plans and to get some input on how difficult and time consuming these swaps will be for me in my garage with a few friends. We all have engine change experience but never a swap to a different engine and transmission. Basically an SOS hoping for a lot of worthwhile information! Thanks for your time and I hope I can get some help!

------------------
Alex Vail

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you click on the "Search" link at the top upper right portion of the screen (just to the left of the calendar page) you can insert search words and find dozens of threads regarding your questions. There are many, many turn key threads and posts that cover everything regarding this swap.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtoformula:

If you click on the "Search" link at the top upper right portion of the screen (just to the left of the calendar page) you can insert search words and find dozens of threads regarding your questions. There are many, many turn key threads and posts that cover everything regarding this swap.

What this guy said...Anything u wanna know about the swap has been talked about 10 times over. Also join the Fiero 3800 FB for any other information. The 3800 is a great swap and make a the Fiero into a great driver.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock