lca bolts by rennoc442
Started on: 04-13-2014 07:29 AM
Replies: 3 (78 views)
Last post by: Bloozberry on 04-13-2014 12:31 PM
rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, looking for some help here.

I had to cut the front lower control arm bolts on my 88gt, and now I'm looking for replacements. Does anyone know the size of these bolts? Would the lca bolts from an 86 fit?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The '88 bolts you're looking for are metric, 12mm in dia, have a pitch of 1.75, are 95mm long, and are grade 10.9.

In short, they are M12 x 1.75 x 95 (10.9)

On the '84-'87 cars, the forward lower control arm bolt is almost the same except that it's 90 mm long. The aft control arm bolt on these early cars isn't the same at all. You may be able to get away using the forward ones but just be sure you have at least a thread or two sticking out beyond the nut once it's fully tightened because the locking feature on the nut requires that the bolt pass completely through it.
rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perfect thank you! Looks like a trip to the hardware store is in order!

By the way, in your option on bushings for the control arms, rubber or Polly?
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The stock system was designed with rubber to give a certain level of compliance to the bushings which the Pontiac engineers felt would be a good compromise between handling, road noise, and cost. I prefer stiffer bushings and the (marginally) greater accuracy and quickness they provide to steering response, so I use polyurethane. To each his own though.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock