Need a part # Quick ! by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 04-12-2014 05:28 PM
Replies: 5 (148 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 04-13-2014 01:02 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got my rear suspension all torn down,( 1986 cradle/axles) had "special ordered" rear axle/hub seals, they sent me national/moog # 5699. No way these are correct. now they're telling me they don't even have a listing for a rear bearing seal ! (so where did they get the # to begin with) Help !
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the bearings are the Ball type, not rollers. the national # IS whats listed, but the 2.808" diameter is too large. what came out is 2.515" ! were different years different seals ? both sides are the same. I'm sitting here with the car all dis assembled and no parts to even ASK for.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou6t4gto

8436 posts
Member since May 2008
found out that # is the ""dust seal" that goes in the back of the rear spindle, behind it is the grease seal (in the Hub)that no one lists.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't you get the number off of the old seal? If not, take the seal into a good parts store. They can measure it and then look in their book. There is a book that has all the seals by size, inside and outside diameter. Look for a "good" parts store
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a new Timken rear bearing/hub assembly in the garage. I'll go check. Ok the only seal I have with the set has a number 18697. There is a rubber ring with it also is that what you are asking for?
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
both kits come with a big "O" ring, the seal I Was looking for is the one that is smaller in diameter. as it is, I changed out the OUTER dust seals, and cleaned and re installed the grease seals after repacking the Round bearings. Now to re torque the Axle Nuts. I don't know if my torque wrench goes up that High !

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock