Started on: 04-11-2014 11:11 PM
Replies: 5 (129 views)
Last post by: ARKaiser on 04-12-2014 02:47 PM
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserClick Here to Email ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone get me a good picture or drawing of how the wires to the starter should run? I am replacing my starter but I can tell the wiring isn't right. The main line from the battery is rubbing on a pulley and the other wire is draped on the cat. Both of them have a mounting clip but I don't see where they should mount to.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 550
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just reroute cable so doesn't rub.

Many OE cables uses clips etc to stop rubbing. Even if you find a clip... clip can break.
Example 87 DIS Duke OE wire w/ clip runs right near WP pulley. Clip break then pulley will eat thru plastic and short out the battery.
Is better to find another route to avoid that problem because Shorted battery can dump 200+ Amps.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 307
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What year and what engine?
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserClick Here to Email ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

What year and what engine?

Opps - I guess that would help ... 88 with a automatic 4 cylinder
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 307
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the diagram from the '88 service manual... it may help:

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserClick Here to Email ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I didn't even think about looking there. That takes care of that issue. To bad the new starter did help despite the old one testing totally dead.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock