Horn problem... by fiero2kewl
Started on: 04-11-2014 07:01 PM
Replies: 6 (137 views)
Last post by: theogre on 04-13-2014 11:13 AM
fiero2kewl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2kewlSend a Private Message to fiero2kewlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 coupe horn worked when I bought the car and one day poof no more. I hooked up the meter hit the button and got .34 volts.... I hear the relay clicking when you push the button... why isn't there 12volts at the horn?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Because the fuse is blown?

[This message has been edited by trotterlg (edited 04-11-2014).]

fiero2kewl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2kewlSend a Private Message to fiero2kewlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fuses are good.... the relay clicks under the dash so theres power its just not making it to the horn.... well .34 volts is.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the horn grounds through it's attachment screw.....so you may want to take if off the car and clean everything.
rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey a fellow titusvillian! Where in tville are you?
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the wiring diagram for the horn circuit. For testing, buy yourself a good quality 12volt test light. If you can hear the relay click, the that portion of the circuit is good. The contacts in the horn relay could be bad. With the test light clipped to a good ground, disconnect both horns and probe the terminal with the test light while pressing the horn button. If the light does not illuminate, I would replace the horn relay.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Relay click does not = good relay. Just means relay coil is ok.
take off relay cover to check contacts. Burn etc then get a new relay.

See my Cave, Horn

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock