Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  are 87 GT exteriior door handles different than SE?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
are 87 GT exteriior door handles different than SE? by woodyhere
Started on: 04-09-2014 11:28 PM
Replies: 4 (154 views)
Last post by: woodyhere on 04-10-2014 02:41 PM
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure which of my door handles are correct. It only took me 26 years to notice the passenger door handle was chrome and the drivers side is black. The drivers handle has a raised bar across it. The passenger side is recessed. I know the chrome is wrong. The replacement handles are all recessed. Which one is correct for the 87 GT?

------------------
woodys 427

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are the same. Black with a slightly raised center panel. Some have acquired an aftermarket Fiero plate to go on the center panel.
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The raised center piece is just a plastic bar glued to the handle... They are the same for all years.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, it was a piece you could buy at one time from GM. Just a glued on trim piece. The handle was generic GM.
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys - as usual you are just great. Now to find the elusive piece of plastic? Nice of you all not to ask how I could have the car since new and not notice the chrome door handle. Some vandalism was done at the dealership about the time my car came in, before I picked it up. I have always thought the nose was a slightly different color then the rest of the car but wrote it off to production differences. Perhaps my car was one of the vandalized cars and ended up with the chrome door handle. It has never been in an accident so I don't have another explanation.

Thanks again,

------------------
woodys 427

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock