3.4 swap camaro intake? by Mr.Goodwrench
Started on: 04-09-2014 06:40 PM
Replies: 2 (422 views)
Last post by: BillS on 04-10-2014 11:22 AM
Mr.Goodwrench

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.GoodwrenchClick Here to visit Mr.Goodwrench's HomePageClick Here to Email Mr.GoodwrenchSend a Private Message to Mr.GoodwrenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didnt see anything in search. no of anyone whos swapped a camaro 3.4 keeping the engine stock with camaro intake and ignition?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochClick Here to Email aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marty, you can, but you need to run another computer. I'd keep the camaro stuff if possible, but don't know which PCM you need. Keep the DIS ignition, and the camaro has a better-flowing intake. I do know that the intake is pointed the "wrong" way for the fiero's engine bay, and don't know if it can be reversed or not..

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

BillS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BillSClick Here to Email BillSSend a Private Message to BillSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the upper plenum flows considerably better than the Fiero item, so if you don't mind a non-stock look, go for it. There are starter mounting issues between in line and transverse installations but easily dealt with. The added torque even if you do nothing to the 3.4 is welcome.

I used that engine in my old British sports car. The added benefit is that it has DIS (coil packs) so you can ditch the distributor forever. You can get a late 80s era ECM to run it - it does away with the SFI aspect and goes back to batch fire, but that's no big deal. Easy to integrate into a Fiero system.

Here's mine, done up in MG colours and with the upper plenum re-engraved to suit. You may recognize the valve covers - if you use them, be aware that there is a contact area near the rear between the valve cover and underside of the plenum that needs to be dealt with. Fit them dry and then mark where you need to grind and go at it carefully until all is well. If you don't know about it, it is possible to stick it all together and then wonder where that big vacuum leak came from.

[This message has been edited by BillS (edited 04-10-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock