Started on: 04-07-2014 07:33 PM
Replies: 8 (267 views)
Last post by: hookdonspeed on 04-11-2014 01:10 PM
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
who/what company was making the longer F23 cables?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently it's "California push and pull". But apparently there are three sizes available. I'll keep looking to see if I can find the proper length, hopefully someone else knows that answer. I'd also like to complete this swap when my getrag kicks the bucket.

Cheers.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 04-07-2014).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Apparently it's "California push and pull". But apparently there are three sizes available. I'll keep looking to see if I can find the proper length, hopefully someone else knows that answer. I'd also like to complete this swap when my getrag kicks the bucket.

Cheers.

yea, looks like L67 was the one to answer this question, but hes baned :/
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you contact them they have listed a Fiero select cable and an F23 cable for the shift that works
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

If you contact them they have listed a Fiero select cable and an F23 cable for the shift that works

They have it narrowed down to just one? I believe I read it was only 110$ as well.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am reworking the swap from the F23 tutorial that L67 did and his shift cable really should be 3-4" longer. The bend going into the shifter bracket is about at tight as it possibly can be and the cable just barely fits.

I never took the cable out to measure it, but I could possibly come up with the current length.
1986Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986FieroSend a Private Message to 1986FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I lengthened some stock five speed cables and it was fairly simple. I wish I knew how to post pics with a tablet though.
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been trying to find the answer to this question for 2 years now.. I get many people who say they will check and get back to me but none ever do. I contacted California Push and Pull and they wanted to know what length I needed.. I did not (and still do not) have a 100% sure answer as of yet..

Actually the more I look into it, the more confused I get. Now I’m not even certain about the select cable.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Purple86GT:

I've been trying to find the answer to this question for 2 years now.. I get many people who say they will check and get back to me but none ever do. I contacted California Push and Pull and they wanted to know what length I needed.. I did not (and still do not) have a 100% sure answer as of yet..

Actually the more I look into it, the more confused I get. Now I’m not even certain about the select cable.

well I think I can semi-help.... there are so many bracket variations, and most people making their own, that there is NO actual answer to this question.... until someone makes an actual kit with full measurements and such, there will not be an answer to this question.

TBH, I think I have an idea, not sure how it will work, but it involves something like the WCF auto shift bracket, going to talk to a friend who does fab work this weekend, might be a total bust as I don't have the trans yet to play with.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock