Eliminating EGR on 98 3800 SC by Eglaore
Started on: 04-07-2014 05:09 PM
Replies: 4 (226 views)
Last post by: Eglaore on 04-09-2014 03:37 PM
Eglaore

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EglaoreSend a Private Message to EglaoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting ready to install a 3800 sc in my 85 fiero and I noticed the carbon build up in my Super charger and was thinking about removing the EGR. I was wondering what the pro's and Con's are to doing it and how you do it.

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pros? There really are none except the less carbon intake

Cons? MPG, emissions

How? block the passage on the LIM and exhaust manifold, have it tuned and deleted from computer.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

FieroJimmy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

Pros? There really are none except the less carbon intake

Just keep in mind you'll still get carbon from the pcv system, so it won't eliminate the carbon entirely. And properly tuning out the egr is more complex than just turning off the codes, fuel and timing will need adjusted to compensate for the increase in available oxygen while cruising. Egr on gas engines isn't used except for while cruising. (Diesels are a different story, egr is constantly in use, even during cold start idling to assist in warm up.)
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you sure that the carbon you are seeing isn't the teflon coating on the supercharger rotors?
Eglaore

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EglaoreSend a Private Message to EglaoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its right after the throttle body so pretty sure.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock