Need a new muffler for my 87 GT by trivet
Started on: 04-07-2014 01:40 PM
Replies: 10 (347 views)
Last post by: fierobug on 04-09-2014 06:20 PM
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetClick Here to Email trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

My factory muffler has finally given up the ghost, and I can't patch it anymore. I need a replacement ASAP, and I am just looking for a decent replacement.

I'm looking for something that can be swapped out relatively easily and will have a similiar sound that the factory has/had.

It's an 87 GT without a cat, and it sounded SOOOOO good. Hoping to find an decent replacment. I've seen multiple units on eBay, is there any that are worth picking up, or are there any that should be avoided?

Thanks in advance for any help!

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
81K miles
Bay City, MI

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bomluuk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced mine with one from the fiero store (if I remember correctly, it was 11 years ago). It didn't sound all that different after the swap and I've had no issues with it over the past 11 years and 30,000 miles.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetClick Here to Email trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping to get "just" the muffler, not the entire system from the cat back. Any suggestions?

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
81K miles
Bay City, MI

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanClick Here to Email GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how about this? maybe he would ship.

http://madison.craigslist.org/pts/4402990200.html
bta2011

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bta2011Send a Private Message to bta2011Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try a Thrush Welded Turbo Muffler. The autozone here carries one so if you wanna go that route try your local autozone.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetClick Here to Email trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bta2011:

Try a Thrush Welded Turbo Muffler. The autozone here carries one so if you wanna go that route try your local autozone.

Will these fit? If so, I'll give that a shot. I'm trying to keep costs reasonable.......

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
81K miles
Bay City, MI

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetClick Here to Email trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Walker exhaust from Summit Racing

Anyone know if these are any good?
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Walker is a direct replacement and ROCK AUTO has it a little less expensive + there is a rebate. Use the part # look up tab - Walker # 40094
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugClick Here to Email fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will the walker fit an 87 gt? I see it only applies to 85 and 86 gt's as listed. Rock Auto doesn't have it listed under year 87gt. What is different if so?

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetClick Here to Email trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a difference between the 86 and 87 GT exhaust? I just ordered the set from Summit because they had free shipping? Do I need to cancel the order? I can't find any differences.

The Fiero store has a similar set listed as an 85-88 Stock Exhaust System here
I assumed they were the same, or very similar at least.....
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugClick Here to Email fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody know if the summit muffler fits an 87gt? It is a good deal with rebate. They look the same as fierostore.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock