3800 parts by crashmydaytona
Started on: 04-04-2014 06:40 PM
Replies: 9 (216 views)
Last post by: crashmydaytona on 04-05-2014 05:51 PM
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to u-pull it tomorrow to look for an alternator, starter, ac compressor and mounting hardware. My engine is from a 2000 grand prix gtp. What years and models can I get these parts off? Do I need any other part of the ac system other then the compressor? Any help would be great thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need either an AC compressor with the lines on the back that already have the AC pressure sensor already on it(preferred), or you need to get the three pin (Wired Red/Black, Gray, and Black) sensor from the AC high pressure line. The full sized Bonneville, LeSabre and Park Ave will have it on the back of the compressor. The Regal and GTP will have the sensor on the line at the firewall. You can get the compressor from any of the 3800s but get the aluminum lines from the full sized cars. Cut the rubber hoses near the aluminum lines. Anything 98+ should be good.

Grab the CS130D alternator. No fan between the pulley and alternator body. Avoid the bigger CS130 alternator (fan between the alternator pulley and body). Make sure you get the alternator from a 3.8 since it is computer controlled and not just run by a dash light. CS130Ds should be on 98+ cars

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 04-04-2014).]

crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks that helps a ton.
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I honestly wouldn't get alternator from a junk yard... And if you are making the bracket yourself then I wouldn't get the alternator from the 3800 but rather the one for a 4.3 Chevy (2000~ Astro van, etc), it's got easier mounting points.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a Alt AND a low bracket (where PS was)if you want, $15 plus shipping
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

You need either an AC compressor with the lines on the back that already have the AC pressure sensor already on it(preferred), or you need to get the three pin (Wired Red/Black, Gray, and Black) sensor from the AC high pressure line. The full sized Bonneville, LeSabre and Park Ave will have it on the back of the compressor. The Regal and GTP will have the sensor on the line at the firewall. Yitou can get the compressor from any of the 3800s but get the aluminum lines from the full sized cars. Cut the rubber hoses near the aluminum lines. Anything 98+ should be good.

Grab the CS130D alternator. No fan between the pulley and alternator body. Avoid the bigger CS130 alternator (fan between the alternator pulley and body). Make sure you get the alternator from a 3.8 since it is computer controlled and not just run by a dash light. CS130Ds should be on 98+ cars

I got the alternator with no fan off of a 2001 Grand Prix. I got the AC compressor off of a 2003 Buick la saber there was a wire connector on the back of it in the aluminum tube. Hope its the right one.
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

crashmydaytona

567 posts
Member since Apr 2013

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

already have a low alt bracket and picked up an alternator from the junkyard. I do need a dog bone with the correct tensioner pulley for my 3800 supercharged swap if you have one.
Dr.CGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dr.CGTSend a Private Message to Dr.CGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dont forget the rear AC bracket
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dr.CGT:

Dont forget the rear AC bracket

I snagged the one off the le saber but I don't know if it will work for my motor.
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

crashmydaytona

567 posts
Member since Apr 2013

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

already have a low alt bracket and picked up an alternator from the junkyard. I do need a dog bone with the correct tensioner pulley for my 3800 supercharged swap if you have one.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock