turn siganals by johnguzman1212
Started on: 04-04-2014 02:25 AM
Replies: 2 (762 views)
Last post by: johnguzman1212 on 04-05-2014 01:08 AM
johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 87 fiero with a 2.5 duke , I just read an archive thread on tail light conversion. im not familiar with the fast back lights or notchie or any of that. I read about the repin on the c500 harness. this Is my question. I have a murcielago kit on my fiero, I have oem lambo lights, the lambo lights have a separate turn signal how can I use these blinkers cause the stop light and signal are on the same circuit but I noticed the front have separate turn signals? do I do that repin or is possible? im good at wiring any help or can you steer me the right way?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a wiring diagram for the 87 turn signal circuit:

The notchback (aka SE) routed the power for the brake lights through the turn signal whereas the GT ran a separate wire to the back just for brake lights. Looking at the diagram, there is a white wire that comes from the brake pedal switch and goes through the turn signal switch. This is how they get one brake light to flash while the other one stays on when you put your turn signal "ON". Now for some reason the white wire runs from the brake switch, all the way to C500 pin H8, and then back to the turn signal switch. Remove this wire from pin "H8" at the C500 connector, this eliminates the routing of the brake lights through the T/S switch. You can now use that wire to run your brake lights separate from the turn signals. The turn signals will still work normally because they receive power from a different source ( the purple wire from the T/S flasher). Essentially, this is how they do it for the GT models except they used an extra wire spliced at the brake switch and running back to the C500 on pin "J9". I'm not sure you will find that wire in your harness if your car started life as a notchback. If you do have a light blue wire at pin "J9" on the socket half, you could add a pin to the the other half and use that to run brakes lights as well. You would need to eliminate the white wire from "H8" though otherwise both turn signal and brake lights would flash. I'm not sure how your harness has been modded for the Lambo lights, but you will need to use different sockets and single filament (1156) bulbs for your new turn signals and dual filament (1157) bulbs/sockets for the tail/stop lights.

Finding a taillight harness from a GT would simplify things because it already has separate turn and stoplight wiring.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 04-04-2014).]

johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's it i understand it now ! i used 2002 Tahoe sockets i think 2156 and 2157 . the signal/brake/park light bulb has
three wires one ground one park one brake/signal...they work just like fiero lights.i just never used the lambo signal cause i didn't know how.i wanted to just run two wires from front signals straight to the rear signals but then my brake/signal and signal light will flash and it would look stupid 6 lights flashing. i will try the splice and cut the wire. thanks a whole lot. i will do a how to post on the procedure just in case someone else wants to do it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock