timing cover by sgosser
Started on: 04-04-2014 02:02 AM
Replies: 3 (138 views)
Last post by: sgosser on 04-04-2014 11:26 AM
sgosser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the process of installing this 2.8 I have ran into some problems. I decided to change the water pump after installing engine. dumb. broke the very bottom bolt head off. Got the pump off and now have slack in timing chain. I have an 85 car. The engine recently came out of an 87 car. I do not know if it is an 87 engine. I have read there are differences in 85 to 87 when it comes to timing cover removal. 87 needs oil pan dropped? How could I identify if I need to drop the pan since I do not know for sure what engine I have. thanks.

------------------
Scott
85 gt

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
at least it will be easier to get that bolt out with the timing cover off.

------------------
Scott
85 gt

trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind of a dumb question, but how do you know you have a streached timing chain if you still have the timing cover on? Larry
sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not at all a mechanic. My friend is so I showed him that I could turn harmonic balancer pulley back and forth quite a bit and he said needs timing chain so that's what i was going by.

------------------
Scott
85 gt

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock