Filling a 3800sc without a High Fill Point by don297
Started on: 04-02-2014 05:41 PM
Replies: 1 (187 views)
Last post by: FIEROFLYER on 04-02-2014 05:56 PM
don297

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read somewhere that it is possible to fill a 3800 through one of the coolant hoses, which I did, but I'm not sure if the system is entirely full since some came out when I reattached the hose. Can I just jack the front of the car up and fill it from the radiator? Or will I keep having to year the hose off, or eve. Rave out the thermostat housing. I'm really confused here just trying to get the swap running now so I can make it pretty later.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I jack up the rear nice and high and fill the engine through the intake where the T stat goes then instal the thermostat and leave the rad hose off the T stat housing and pour fluid into the hose till it leaks out the T stat housing then put hose on and fire her up while bleeding air out the top of the T stat housing.
If needed I remove the bleed screw and top it off with a small funnel.

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock