Engine Shock Mount on Frame by NW-Fiero
Started on: 03-30-2014 07:11 PM
Replies: 6 (224 views)
Last post by: NW-Fiero on 04-01-2014 02:22 PM
NW-Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting ready to put my rebuilt 3.4PR into my '85 2M6 SE and the one thing I am unable to find is the Frame Mount (bracket) for the engine shock absorber. I know most might say it is not required since the dog bone holds the engine tight. but ........ I have looked in the manual and very little mention is made of it. My problem is I can't even remember what it looks like. I don't have any brackets left over so I might have to fabricate a replacement.

I looked in the archives at every build I could find and the photos are either not of that area or the exhaust is in the way.

Can someone who has their engine out please take a picture of the frame mount or the bracket by its self.

Much appreciated.

------------------
Mark
In the Great Northwest!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best photo I could find on my computer. The bracket bolts on the top of the cradle and the absorber goes to a bracket just behind the ac compressor.

If this picture does not help I will take one of the absorber on the 86 I am pulling into the shop monday.
NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess my bracket has been lost in the 2 year build. Will have to fabricate a replacement unless there in a member here that has a spare/trashed frame they are parting out.

Hoping for the latter.....

Thanks

------------------
Mark
In the Great Northwest!

boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NW-Fiero:

I guess my bracket has been lost in the 2 year build. Will have to fabricate a replacement unless there in a member here that has a spare/trashed frame they are parting out.

Hoping for the latter.....

Thanks

I'll dig though my boxes of parts over lunch today and most likely have one I can send you. Mike
NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope you had a chance to look for the bracket. I torn my garage apart in more failed attempt to locate that dang thing.

Thanks for the extra effort Mike
boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NW-Fiero:

Hope you had a chance to look for the bracket. I torn my garage apart in more failed attempt to locate that dang thing.

Thanks for the extra effort Mike

I found a extra bracket like I pictured. $10 shipped and its yours. email me at boysatt1@gmail.com
NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the great support. Final piece to the puzzle.

------------------
Mark
In the Great Northwest!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock