north carolina motor swap..any1 avalible by logical1
Started on: 03-30-2014 03:24 PM
Replies: 8 (213 views)
Last post by: La fiera on 04-10-2014 03:32 PM
logical1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking to swap anything bigger than a 2.8 in my 88 5speed duke. If any1 is avalible feel free to chime in. 3k is the total budget for this swap.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go to NCFiero.Com and ask the boys up there. They are pretty handy with Fieros, with a number of big engine swaps having been done by various members. There is also a shop somewhere in the Greenville-Spartanburg area that specializes in 4.9 installations. I spoke to him once about a Craigslist car he had, but now I can't find his information. You might ask around.
logical1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, just registered kind of wierd setup there new fourns are deserted old 1s show activity but its diff registering process. Did both so waiting on aproval to post on the active board. In the meantime still looking. Im starting to consider he idea of just finding another duke and being done with it. I know I could do that myself. I know I can find any 2.5 dukes here but ive been searching to see if I strip a diff 2.5 down to the bare block could I put the accessories on from the duke and make it run. Kinda how the 94/95 mustang motor is the same as a 89 and just strip down to block and put timing cover all acessories and upper intake and fuel rail on from the 89 and bingo ready to fire. I. Really ready to pull it back on the road
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure the duke engines are widely interchangeable. I remember one of our Georgia members had to replace his duke and he had to do some modifications to get things to bolt together. The 88 uses a DIS system and is a much smoother engine than the earlier versions. I think the engine has more ECM management than 84-86 versions, too.

Apparently it isn't too difficult to upgrade to a 2.8 or 3.4 in the 88 base coupe. Upgrading to a 3.4 with a gain of 68 hp over the duke's 92 would be a nice kick in the pants, and all you'd need do is to bolt on a rear sway bar. I think all 88's are already drilled for the mounts.

The NC club is reworking their website. The old forum will eventually become the new forum, once everything is set up. Those guys are a great bunch and very knowing of the Fiero and mods to the drivetrain. Trinten, CowsPatoot, Chug and Drew-py, among others are well qualified.

I invite you to join us also at www.gafiero.org

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-31-2014).]

Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NCFiero isn't as active as it used to be. Joined a while back to ask a question about legality of swaps here in this wonderful state. Though, if patient, downright amazing answers will eventually come. Patience pays when it comes to those guys. I'm over in South Raleigh/North Garner, but as I'm planning for and orchestrating my own swap at the moment, balancing housework, work-work, classwork and car-work's already about as much as I can do on my plate at the moment. I'll be available to answer some questions here or there, and maybe one weekend or so in the relatively near future offer some mechanical help, but my garage is stuffed full of yardwork/car work supplies at the moment in addition to my Fiero, so it's pretty much out of commission.

[This message has been edited by Ravant (edited 03-31-2014).]

logical1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the offer. Im in brier creek, right beside rdu airport. Yea a lot off ppl really havr thier hands full. I want my fiero back on the road so bad im saying fck it and going back with the 2.5. Finding 2.5 fieros in any yard is so sketchy around here im going to make a new post on other 2.5. Compatible swaps. Herd something about using s10 heads, but not whole block and searches are not turning up much. My oil pump died and I drove it home so damage is done, plus the shop I do have access to we need to be able to drop cradle and insert new motor immidiately. Plus it be quicker so any 2.5 swap info is great at this point. A buddy has an 84 2.5 but I dont know if I xanuse it in my 88. Sooo yeah fck the swap. Just sucking being in this wonderful fieroless state
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe this will broaden your field of selection rather than just looking for a Fiero engine.

http://www.fierosails.com/Engine.html
logical1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for logical1Send a Private Message to logical1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh hellllllll yea found 3 motors thatvmatch in my area. Guess ill be back on the road within next 2 weeks. Next day off will be grabing a motor. Then new oil pump timing gears n timing setup new oil strainer water pump and ill throw in on my next day off. Perfect link.... thanks... in my defense I tried to get swap done but unfortunately looks like a duky doo poo world.
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.oil-endurance-pr...icion/pontiac-fiero/

https://www.facebook.com/pa...nica/272823546078950

Let me know.

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 04-10-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay