Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Pressure plate/ friction plate and throw out bearing stock V6 and engine mounts

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pressure plate/ friction plate and throw out bearing stock V6 and engine mounts by LornesGT
Started on: 03-29-2014 11:15 PM
Replies: 11 (228 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 07-11-2014 03:01 PM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fly wheel is a bit worn so is the friction plate and from one of my previous noise questions the throw out bearing is too. So I have search rock auto and the 85 4 speed parts are shown but not the 86. There is 5 speed parts and it looks like they should work by the a couple of threads I read but some disagree in the same thread. Options please. Also anybody use the "off brand " parts from rock auto?
I may just put everything back in until she breaks because I wasn't expecting all this. I do have a 5 speed transmission set to the side but I am missing the cables and shifter. Spending enough already and I would just like to get it on the road for this summer and make changes next winter.

Engine mount that looks like a shock I can't find. Are you just using an adjustable dog bone or changing the bushings?

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 03-29-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mcguiver3

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the 5 spd is different than the 4 spd for clutch parts.
I do know the TOB is different.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The throwout bearings are the same for all the 4 speeds right?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The '85 and '86 4-speed clutch parts should be the same. So the '85 parts at RockAuto should work.

As for the "shock absorber" engine mount, the Fiero Store used to sell them. But I don't see them listed now.
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you looking to but that "shock" engine mount?

I have one from my 86 2.8L that is still attached to my block.
I can get pictures for you in the morning if you want.
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DKcustoms

1071 posts
Member since Oct 2013
What is Rock Auto calling the Throw Out Bearing?

The closest thing I can figure is they call it the "Input Shaft Bearing"

Then, for the 4 speed, they have items priced from $5 to $8.

Any ideas?
NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's try Clutch Release Bearing

SKF Part # N3015SA {#14091966} Clutch Release Bearing Assembly
4 speed trans.; Self-Aligning
:
$21.79

NATIONAL Part # 614009 Ball Bearing; Bore=1.3775", Outer Diameter=3.671", Width=1.088"
4 speed trans.; Trans. code M17; Bearing Assembly - Sealed Self-Aligning

$24.79

------------------
Mark
In the Great Northwest!

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found the clutch release bearing, pressure plate, friction plate and alignment tool shipped for 81.59 from Advanced auto, I just can't pass that up. I just need to fire up the printing press for all the money I am spending!
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Found the clutch release bearing, pressure plate, friction plate and alignment tool shipped for 81.59 from Advanced auto, I just can't pass that up. I just need to fire up the printing press for all the money I am spending!

Do you have a part number?
mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Input shaft bearing is a whole other animal.
That is the bearing that supports the transmission input shaft in the case.
Through out bearing should be listed as a separate part for the clutch assembly
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Do you have a part number?

Link

http://shop.advanceautopart...et-mu59-1a/5332133-P
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing is going right on the rehab, I see why peopple give up but I am not yet. Just tried the pilot bearing/ bushing (that is what Advance names it) and it doesnt fit the housing that the transmission spine comes out of. It's listed under the 87 and 86 fiero Gt. It doesn"t fit the 5 speed (Isuzu I think) I have either.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock