Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Reattaching paper moisture barrier in door?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Reattaching paper moisture barrier in door? by commodore_dude
Started on: 03-29-2014 02:25 PM
Replies: 2 (174 views)
Last post by: smartaxel on 03-29-2014 11:19 PM
commodore_dude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for commodore_dudeSend a Private Message to commodore_dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After having my passenger door apart for some work a few months ago, I'm finally ready to put it back together but I'm not sure what is the correct way to secure the paper moisture barrier (I assume that's what it's for) back to the door frame. It looks like it was originally attached with some kind of glue, but what's the "correct" way to secure it as it came from the factory?

------------------
The project: 1988 Bright Red GT 5-speed

The DD: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The factory stuff is kind of a tar like material. If you don't care about original look to can just use some duct tape.
If you want something like the original then find an electrical supply business that supplies to electricians. There is a material that is used for sealing conduet that is very close to the factory stuff.
Here is a link that you can use to ask for it. It's a tacky tar like material that stays sticky. Just make sure the surfaces are dry and clean. It does not like to stick to dust and dirt. Warm it up, roll it out in worms and smash it on.

http://www.cableorganizer.c...er-bender/duct-seal/

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 03-29-2014).]

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use 3m "window weld" ribbon sealer.. it never dries, stays sticky and is avail at the auto parts store

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock