Electric Deck Lid Release and Trunk Light Fuse Question by spacecaps
Started on: 03-28-2014 09:52 PM
Replies: 1 (219 views)
Last post by: fierocarparts on 03-29-2014 08:30 AM
spacecaps

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spacecapsSend a Private Message to spacecapsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read somewhere that only 50% of Fiero had the deck lid release hooked up and always assumed mine was one that was never connected. We'll I finally got around to buying a replacement build for my trunk light thats been out since I bought the car, nothing happened when I installed it. After making sure it was connect properly I checked the fuses. I popped the deck lid release/trunk light fuse out to see if it was burnt out and it wasn't. When I went to put the fuse back in, the trunk latch "clicked" I tried this with a new fuse and the same thing, every time I put the fuse into the slot, I could here the deck lid trunk release latch click but when it was firmly in place in the fuse box, the release button wouldn't work nor was the trunk light on. I don't know if the trunk light came on while I was putting the fuse in because I was in the garage alone. The car has no other problems electronically. Just the deck lid issues which run off the same fuse. Any one encounter this problem before and what's the remedy if anything to get the light and release to work properly?

On a side note while I was looking at my fuse diagram in the owners manual I noticed that the radio fuse and the power window fuse were the wrong numbered fuses so I switched them to the correct number. Any reason why the previous owner would do this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as having the wrong fuses, sometimes you use what you have to get by.
Try unplugging the trunk release switch (which often is damaged because it makes sense to push on trunk icon, which breaks switch). See if it still clicks. The switch in your lock assembly is what turns on the trunk light (87-88). Earlier ones had jamb switch on left side of engine compartment.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock