sand in carburater by johnguzman1212
Started on: 03-27-2014 01:57 AM
Replies: 7 (174 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 03-28-2014 04:02 PM
johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i own a 87 iron duke fiero I got beach sand in my filter and maybe in engine it got past the filter idk how. car drove fine but had loss of power found out ignition wires were loose plugged back in. white smoke comes out now. it hesistates when I give gas about a sec then runs good. throttle sticks I put wd40 in the throttle cable but still gets stuck any ideas what to do? I know its the sand but I don't know if maybe I got sand in valves and it will go away or the engine is crap it drove aswsome last 3 years no problem idk milage
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put some marvel oil in the oil fill run the engine to operating temp and then drain the oil and change the oil filter then do this again. You may not be able to save it though.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White smoke usually means water or coolant is getting burned, it is the coolant level low?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, there was sand in /around the TBI (not carb)?

There can be sand and junk on the outside of the filter, but the housing.

johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sand got in the intake ill try the marvel oil . I bought a head gasket and bolts if the oil don't work ill try a headgaasket .40 bucks for all the stuff I got a discount. I know im burning coolant but coolant is clean im going to drain oil when I try the marvel oil to check for water. im going to do a compression check also. I cant fine a tread or video for head gasket is there one? I replaced a head gasket on my 93 b2200 mazda pickup it was easy. Im sure I can do this one it looks similar
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to ask... how exactly did sand get in there? Wrong or missing filter?

Also, there is an '87 manual online: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/807...Service%20Manual.pdf

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 03-28-2014).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before throwing anything more parts, money or time at it do a compression check and see how much damage has been done.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 03-28-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a tiny bit of sand in the oil will quickly destroy cylinder walls, rings and bearings. I dont think it will do anything to make water get in the cylinder though...thats a different issue. You might flush the crankcase out and cross your fingers, but if you drove it home, you probably destroyed it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock